My dad was release from the hospital this afternoon. After we left last night he took a turn for the worst and started going into a slight respiratory distress (slight according to him at least). They ended up putting him back on oxygen and a heart monitor. He also ended up with a bunch of breathing treatments, cathed, put on extra fluids and a bunch of iv meds. I guess they even put him on complete and total bed rest with those fancy leg massagers. He had a DVT almost 20 years ago so we guess that during the respiratory distress they worried about another blood clot.
Thankfully by the time we go there he was up and about – just in a lot of pain. After getting a “nice” cup of warm water with chicken bullion he somehow talked the nurse into getting him discharged before Dr. K checked on him. He was seen by the Dr. on call though so we weren’t worried. My dad just wanted food. Not sure what he was thinking he was going to be able to eat, but he kept saying that he hadn’t eaten in 3 days and wanted something like a meal – he of course got a bowl of creamy soup and was happy.
He has slept most of the day and seems to be doing great now so things are back on track. As of now I am planning on doing my 5k in the morning. Hopefully my mom will be able to make it and take a picture so I can post it for you guys. And since I just remembered my running clothes need to be washed still (crazy crazy weekend) I will check back with guys tomorrow! Thanks for all the support. My family really appreciates the thoughts!!

So happy your Dad is home. I hope he continues to improve. Have fun with the 5K!
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to hear that your dad is doing better! Can't wait to hear updates on his weight loss too!!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on the 5k tomorrow!!
Glad he's doing okay now and is home! Good luck on your 5k :)
ReplyDeleteHappy your dad is home and you can do your 5K. Hope you can post some pics.
ReplyDeleteGosh, how scary. I hope he's doing better and you were able to do the 5k.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear that Dad is home! I think after what feels like forever on liquids a bowl of soup tastes like food!
ReplyDelete