I am here and alive, but I am soooo behind on blogging. I honestly am not sure if I will ever catch up! I will post a banding specific blog later, but for now here is my update on my 10 goals for 2010.
1. Lose 15lbs every 10 weeks
Progress: April was once again a strange month. If it wasn’t for the 4 pound weight loss I got out of the blue one week I would missed my goal. As it was the month of April rounded out at 1.87 lbs per week. Combined with the prior weeks’ losses I reached my goal of 211.5 by May 9th – with only a half of pound to spare. This was definitely the closest I have been to missing my goal so far.
Plan for May: My next mini goal is to reach 206 by June 6th (Which is 10 weeks starting from April). That equals to be 5 pounds in the next 4 weeks (1.25lb/week), but since the spirit of this goal is to get a 1.5 lb/week average I would like to hit 6 pounds by then.
2. Pay off 10k of debt (house, credit card, student loan,car) not including interest by end of year.
Progress: I did great this month hitting my goal – with over 300 extra principle paid off! I even managed to hit my short term goal set last month (Don’t charge ANYTHING – even if you pay it off by the bill time. This may be hard due bill timing and taxes, but it can be done) – Yippee!
Plan for May: Due to an discontinued Debit Card and the fact that I didn’t get the replacement on time it really won’t be possible to not charge anything this month. However, the goal would be to pay off everything charged by the due date – as well as the principal on other things.
3. Toss or box for garage sale 10 items from each room each month until sale - trash doesn’t count :)
Progress: I didn’t hit my mini-goal of de-cluttering the basement and garage, but I was able to box up more clothing for donations.
Plan for May: Work on de-cluttering the basement and garage. Be tough when determining if you really need something. Donate, toss, or box for sale at least 25 items and aim for 50.
4. Complete 10 blog postings every month
Progress: Completed – just barely.
Plan for May: With all extra travel and “stuff” going on this month this goal may be hard. Aim for 8 blog posts and try to catch up on all the reading.
5. Exercise 10 days every two weeks, with an average of 10 minutes of vigorous activities every day and 10 hours of total activity each week
Progress: Things went pretty well last month. I definitely was able to get 10 days in a two week period – sometimes closer to 13-14. I also averaged 17 minutes of vigorous activity (7 minutes above goal) and 106 minutes of moderate activity (almost 2.5 hours more than goal). I also had some great non-goal accomplishments like finishing a complete 30 day shred and getting my 5k under 60 minutes.
Plan for May: Continue workout plan and adjust when needed (ex. Calorie burn falls). Continue with work’s walking challenge (started May 1st) and work towards 10K steps per day by end of month. Complete 5k on May 23rd.
6. Attend 10 events this year
Progress: No change (2 events so far this year)
Plan for May: I have my 5k planned for May and no matter how much I want to not go (not because of the run but because of the fact it is something unknown). This will bring me up to 3 for the year and now have 5 more planned for the year. This still has me short by 2 so during May I want to come up with at least one option (maybe another race or kayak event).
7. Save 10% of income by year end
Progress: No change this month.
Plan for May: No plan for next month – more changes will occur later in the year.
8. Complete a 5k by 10/10/10 and run a 25 min mile by April 15th, a 20 min mile July 15st, a 15 min by Oct 15th and a 10 min mile by year end
Progress: I am doing great on this goal! I was able to get a 14 minute mile this month – which is 6 months earlier than my goal!!! What is even better is that I am consistently able to get under a 20 minute mile. Now there are times when I am slower, but most of the time if I am trying at all I can get under 20 minutes.
I am still committed to my running plan, but I am doing things a little different than the C25K. I am working not only on running, but also distance. I know that I am not going to run for a whole event. In fact, the half marathon training that I have been exposed to so far stresses interval running for beginners (really everything but advanced runners). This means that I will never run more than a few minutes at a time – and I have noticed a huge difference in my recovery (my knees no longer hurt afterwards!). I also read that weekly mileage is just as important as speed work – and I really believe this. Since I have been focused on increase my mileage my endurance has skyrocketed – and with it my speed (without really trying).
Plan for May: My 5k is this month and my goal is to complete the thing under 60 minutes (little over a 19 min/mile pace)– with a stretch goal of 52 minutes (little under a 17 min/mile pace). For my non race pace I would like to work towards getting under 18 minutes consistently.
9. Decrease utility bills by 10% (in total) by year end (tv, cell, phone, internet, gas, electric)
Progress: I made some major changes in my cell phone bill, but it was a HUGE pain in the rear end. I still am not 100% sure how much I am going to save since my discount still has not been applied, but it is progress.
Plan for May: Continue cutting gas/electrical use during the mild weather. Look into ATT U-verse again and see if the benefits are truly there. If they are schedule an appointment by the end of May.
10. Spend 10 hours a month dedicated to house work
Progress: I don’t even remember what I have done so far this month let alone last, but I am assuming by the way the garage and basement look I didn’t get to any “extras” this month. I didn’t make this a priority in any way, shape or form. So this was a big fat FAIL for the month – I think… What month is it again?!?!?
Plan for May: Boy oh Boy… this could be interesting… With all the travel this month I will be lucky to keep up with regular house work let alone 10 hours of extras! The goal for this month is not to get too overwhelmed. Pick one thing and make it a priority, and take on the rest later!

Wow, you are doing great and you are so organized with your goals. I'm impressed.
ReplyDeleteThose are soem great goals and you've geven me something to think about! :)
ReplyDeleteKudos on hitting your running goal (among others!)!!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, girl, you are rocking these goals. I'm not even organized to figure out what I want to accomplish this year, but this makes me realize I should sit down and start thinking.
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you on the walk breaks while running. You can go forever if you take breaks early and regularly. Keep up the great work!