Monday, May 24, 2010

Bathing Suit Challenge and Weight Update

As many of you know the Memorial Day Bathing Suit Challenge ended this week. Even though this challenge was a competition between fellow bloggers I didn’t really think I had a good chance to win so I set up a personal goal for myself of 18lbs or roughly 8% - by Memorial Day. Yep I goofed and thought the challenge went one more week. In the back of my mind I really wanted to get to 199 by then (which according to my trend of weight loss could have been double), but I knew that was a big stretch.

As of yesterday, I lost 17.2 pounds or 7.68% of my starting body weight. About week 3 I thought for sure I was going to hit my stretch goal of 199, but after a month of barely squeaking out a pound a week I am very happy with my progress. I am going to unofficially extend the challenge an extra week just to fill out my chart and confirm to myself that I really hit my goal.

My current weight of 206.8 marks a huge milestone for me. This is the lowest official weight I have ever been in my adult life. In fact, the last time I was officially this weight was a few weeks before my 17th Birthday. I think I might have been lower than this once since then, but I don’t have any documentation on it and I am not really sure so I know if I was it wasn’t for very long. It is a really strange feeling to know that I am the same weight I was in High School.

Another thing I have noticed is that I have lost more weight with the band than any other weight loss attempt in my past – faster than ever too. That is of course what I expected, but when this whole process began I couldn’t help but think that it wouldn’t work out that way. I remember looking at the graph below several months ago and thinking that I was losing about the same as before and focusing on how fast I gained. Now I look and just think “Holey Crap!” Such a great feeling!!

4 comments:

  1. I love your chart! Would you be willing to send a copy to me? Thanks!
    -Lynda
    thistimenextyear.lynda@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I havent even looked to see who won! I know how exciting it is to be at your lowest weight. And I also know how awesome it feels to have faith and hope in the band! I am happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your chart and weight loss are awesome. Is it something you developed yourself or is it a program you used? I'd love to plug in my numbers. Is that possible? If so, can you email me blongerbeam@msn.com? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...your dad is home, your did the 5k and you weigh what you did in high school...betting you just love the band???

    ReplyDelete