Friday, May 21, 2010

Off to the Hospital!

Just a quick note - Today is my dad's surgery and we are off to the hospital in just a few minutes.  He is a little bit of a wreck, but how many of us weren't?!?  His surgery will be a little more involved than most of ours since they have to do something to his espohagus, but hopefully everything will go smoothly.  We are kind of hoping that they keep him overnight, so they can manage the pain and eating.  He can't take most prescription pain meds so depending on how this esophagus thing goes it could be interesting.. 

Mom and I can't wait to get home and get a nap.  Heck mom would probably settle for something to eat since I think she is afraid to eat in front of both of us.  I am TIGHT!!  It wouldn't be such an issue but of course my allergies are playing up and my TOM is starting so I am now having a little problem with liquids.  grrrr... Maybe I will get a quick unfill between surgeries today LOL.  I am guessing that won't happen so I am not sure what I will do, but as long as the liquids stay down I am not worried. 

Please keep my dad in your thoughts today!


8 comments:

  1. Good surgery thoughts headed your dads way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck...sending positive thoughts and prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You, your dad and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know all will go well. Sending good vibes to your dad.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping everything went well with your dad's surgery today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending positive/healing vibes your dad's way. Keep us posted on how it all went.

    ReplyDelete