HOLEY CRAP!!! I just ran a 14 minute mile! 14 minutes… My best time to date has been 16 and half and that was hard, but today 14 minutes flat. I knew my GPS was acting a little funny so when I saw 14 something I figured that when I adjusted the course online it would be wrong (I can see the trail on the map and make corrections). NOPE! It shaved off even more time!
I am soo excited about this! So I will quickly share how I did it. First, the park was closing soon so I knew my walk would be cut short so I decided to really push it. I then started running and picked a point ahead of me on the trail and decided to run to that point. Once I got there I started to walk and soon picked another point. I did this 5 or 6 times maybe more. When my car was in sight I decided to do a few sprints until the mile was done. After a couple of these and even with a quick cool down I still had a FOURTEEN minute mile!
Now to get my 3.1 under 50 minutes – which I know now is completely possible!!

Congratulations! The best competitions are always with ourselves. Keep up the hard work, and you will fly!
ReplyDeleteWhat an accomplishment! First off to even run the mile at all is awesome, but then to beat your best time??!! WTG TJ!!
ReplyDeleteExcellent!!!!
ReplyDelete