Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Maybe I Should Give Up Now!

I have been looking at this DVD for months now debating on if I really wanted it. I have heard from many people that it is great, but hard. So when Joey said it was the secret to her success, I thought that maybe this was the time. I have been working out for months now (with a 3 week break due to “injury”) and I can walk 5 miles without getting too worn out. I have gone from a 25-30 minute mile to under a 17 minute mile (yippee!!)

OMG! I think the whole routine is 20 minutes and I made it through 8 almost 9 minutes of it before I stopped. I even resorted to swearing at Jillian when she said not to rest. At this point I consider 8 minutes a huge accomplishment since I wanted to stop after the 2nd set of jumping jacks.

But I have to tell you if Joey does this all the time she deserves to win!!! Maybe by the end of the challenge I will be able to finish the thing, but holey crap is it hard. Seriously though, a few months ago I wouldn’t have gotten through the warm-up. I have can’t believe how far I have come and I hope that Jillian is what I need to build a little more endurance. Thanks for the sharing your secret Joey, but I think your lead is safe – unless this fill finally brings me restriction and then I am not promising anything ;)

7 comments:

  1. I want this video. I think I am going to have to keep my eye open for it. Way to go on the 8 mins..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol You sound JUST like me the first time I did a dvd Zumba routine - I was puffed after like 10 mins (if that!) Keep at it though, you will get fitter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this but missed the challenge...oh well should open the packaging!!! Keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard this video is hard. Good for you for getting through any of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl, I'm up to running 20+ minutes at a time, and I couldn't make it through the second set of this video (probably five minutes in). It's so difficult! I'm going to try it again though. We can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. One time...and i say one time...I actually did program #1 and #2 back to back! hahahah

    but I only did the DVD for about a week. I just dont do well with DVDs bc they are so easy NOT to do!

    You will make it! I bet you could make it through the entire thing if you just modify it a little. I like to cuss at Jillian when she is all sassy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can do this! Trust me, I was in the same boat as you when I first started doing this dvd. It took me weeks to be able to finish day 1. weeks. and now I can do it, I typically follow the girl on the right who modifies the more intense exercises...but I am actully now able to do day 2. So keep at it!!

    ReplyDelete