Thursday, April 29, 2010

Another Fill and Random Updates

The day after Jillian

Still the only thing I can say is OMG… Seriously people if Joey can do this day after day I can see why she is winning the bathing suit challenge. With my 8 almost 9 minutes I am so sore. My ankle even looked like I had twisted it or something this morning - all red and swollen. I didn’t of course, and it didn’t really hurt to walk on – it just looked strange. I am up about two pounds today and I am guessing it is from the swelling. But honestly, the pain feels good. It sounds strange, but even with the swelling my muscles feel tighter. My knees even have dimples where the muscles are because some of muscles around them are swollen and some of them are tighter. So strange, but so worth it. I am thinking of adding Jillian to my routine at least once a week.

5th, 6th 7th?? Fill

I have no idea what fill this is anymore, but hopefully this will be the ONE. Last time I got about three days of restriction from it before it up and vanished. But three days is the best so far so I figure I must be close. Dr. K says that I am just losing weight around my stomach faster than normal – which is a good healthy thing. Another thing I learned is people normally lose 1cc a year through evaporation (or osmosis). He figures I have lost about .5 ccs which is just about normal. So today he put in .75 ccs to bring me to a total of 9.5 again (somewhere .25 is missing, but from what I gather some stays in the tubing since my band wasn’t “primed” during surgery).

Dr. K is thrilled with my weight loss. He points out that I am doing this mostly by myself and that I am still his “star patient”. He said he wants to install me in his waiting rooms so he can show people what is possible. I had to laugh at that, b/c really I wouldn’t be this far if it wasn’t for all of you guys!! They really need to bump up the peer support system at the office. And honestly I hear too many people say what they can’t do and how they are losing without exercising only to struggle a little while later. And honestly, I am sure I was thinking the same thing before I starting following you guys. I never thought I could push myself like I am and even if I was losing half the weight I am now I could say that I was doing everything I could. That is how I measure success. Not actual weight loss in pounds, but effort.  Honestly some of you guys losing less weight than me are my inspiration! 

However, I can’t lie. The good words from all the staff feels great! I love it when the doctor praises how well I am doing. How good I look. How successful I am. But I take even more pride telling him my plans for a 5k and a half marathon. And how ALL my clothes on today were regular size clothing. How I feel so great!

NSVs

I haven’t blogged lately about some of my NSV, but I am seeing more and more each day. Like I said earlier there are days when everything on me is regular size clothing. I am actually in that weird spot between plus and miss size clothing. 1x shirts are too big, but some XL shirts are a little too snug. I am firmly in XL exercise pants, but in regular pants 18W are way too big, some 18s are too big and some 18s are way too small. I am guessing a 16W would fit perfect, but not to many store carry them (cheap stores at least).

I am also starting to see my bones sticking out. My feet actually look boney! When I wiggle my toes my tendons stick out and look really creepy.. LOL My collar bones are also starting to make an appearance. I can feel the suckers really easily and have actually seen them if I turn just right. I can’t wait until they start making a daily appearance!!

Ohh and one more thing. I have noticed as I have gotten healthy that my complexion has gotten so much better. I normally look like death warmed over. Typically, doctors look at my pale skin and ask if I am anemic, but no it was “just how I was”. Well not anymore! I noticed that my entire body has much more color. I almost look slightly tan (for me that is). Combine that with all the sun I am getting from going out and exercising should make for a great tan this year!

10 comments:

  1. What a nice, upbeat post! So many wonderful things that are happening for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on so many levels. My skin looks great...even at TOM and I am a little tanned too. My I just want to reaffirm that it is all the support I get from my blog that helps me. My dr called me a star today but it doesn't have much to do with them. I love your name!!! And you are a STAR!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a Star Tracy Jo! I gotta get me that DVD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you with your NSV's! You really are doing great! I never imagined how important these blogs would be to me, but they are irreplaceable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy you are the star. But you are right, this blogging community brings us the support we need. And great NSV's on getting into regular clothes and bones sticking out. I've noticed my skin looking so much better too. Plus I got some nice mineral makeup which is to die for. I look years younger.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome post. And congratulations on all the NSV's!!! Keep it up super star!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post - you are doing a fantastic job with your band. I hear you about the sizes. I think I am a 16W too in pants & they are hard to find. I also swim in 1X tops - but sometimes XL's are snug *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all the NSVs. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You deserve all the praise. I really like what you said about measuring success in effort. That's a great perspective.

    ReplyDelete