- PreOp (10 days): -15
- Rest of Nov (10 days): Zero
- Dec: -15
- Jan: -8.5
- Feb: -10
- Mar: -6.5
- April: -3 (so far)
I haven't got to the 6 month mark yet so I won't be able to shed info on that, but I am starting to see a slow down now (4.5 months). It was really hard to lose that 6.5 pounds in March and I bounced plus/minus 5-8 pounds throughout the week. A couple weeks I would have shown a gain on my charts, but I am not strict with Sunday being my official weigh in day (except for challenge results). If I am down on Saturday or Monday I consider that my offical weekly weight.
This month has been a little easier, but only because I really pushed up my exercise towards the end of March. I am still doing good and the intensity level I am going at seems to work really well for me right now. I personally think the reason I slowed down is because I didn't ramp up my exercise enough as I lost weight. Even though I was doing the same amount of work, my body didn't burn as many calories since I was lighter and more fit. As time goes on I am not sure if I will be able to continue to ramp up my exercise at the same rate as my body seems to need to continue the 2+ pounds a week. I expect that will cause my averages to fall, but as long as I am still losing a pound on average and pushing myself on the exercise side I am hoping to be ok with that. I am not sure if I will be once it happens, but I don't know if I am willing to kill myself with excercise either - the C25K program might just do that as it is :)


Hey nice numbers. You have a a great steady loss in the six months. Lots to be proud off. Esp regarding the exercise!!
ReplyDeleteThe lighter we get, the less we burn with exercise. I also recently found out that running burns more than walking. When I was goig through college, the thought was one mile burned the same amount of calories whether you ran, walked, or crawled it. Not true! Because of the weight and force stuff.
ReplyDeleteThanks! Sorry it took so long to tell you this...I really appreciate hearing your experiences. Excellent losses, great job.
ReplyDelete