Sunday, April 18, 2010

March Update on 2010 goals

I am reallllyyyy late getting this out here – especially since I have had all but the finacials done since the 1st of April. But late or not here it is:

1. Lose 15lbs every 10 weeks


Progress: I was a little concerned that I wasn’t going to hit this goal due to my slow down in March, but luckily things are starting to get back on track. The scale still bounces up and down daily (4-5 lbs at a time…grrr…), but I did see my 15 pound goal (221.5) show on the scale during the end of March.

Plan for April: My average loss over the last 4 weeks has been under my 1.5/week goal so I am trying to step things up. My current 10 week challenge is to be 211.5 by May 9th.

2. Pay off 10k of debt (house, credit card, student loan,car) not including interest by end of year.

Progress: I hit my monthly goal with a few dollars to spare, but it was close. I am going to have to keep things tight to keep hitting this goal.

Plan for April: Don’t charge ANYTHING – even if you pay it off by the bill time. This may be hard due bill timing and taxes, but it can be done.

3. Toss or box for garage sale 10 items from each room each month until sale - trash doesn’t count :)

Progress: Knocked out of the park! I packed up lots of stuff this month while spring cleaning and tossed/donated a bunch more.

Plan for April: Work on de-cluttering the basement and garage. Be tough when determining if you really need something. Donate , toss, or box for sale at least 25 items and aim for 50.

4. Complete 10 blog postings every month

Progress: Completed, but still having problems keeping up with up with the blogs I follow!

5. Exercise 10 days every two weeks, with an average of 10 minutes of vigorous activities every day and 10 hours of total activity each week

Progress: The first two weeks were not on track, but I made great progress towards the end of the month. I am exercising 5 days a week now and even though I have toughened my standards for moderate and vigorous activity I am still hitting or surpassing my goals.

This has really kick started my calories burn again. Even on days that I don’t exercise my calorie burn is higher than my goal of 2400 and on a couple days I have topped 3000. I feel so much stronger and healthier. It is amazing at times!






Plan for April: Continue working though my 5K/Half marathon training plan. Determine by the end of April if the half marathon is feasible.

6. Attend 10 events this year

Progress: I attended 1 event this month for a total of 2 so far this year. I also started attending a new gym and continue to go to my support group meetings. My introversion is still winning, but I am making progress ;)

Plan for April: I don’t have any events planned for April (well except Easter, but there is only going to be a small group of us). I have started looking into more things to get involved in and need to continue this during April since I am running behind at the moment.

7. Save 10% of income by year end

Progress: No change this month.

Plan for April: No plan for next month – more changes will occur later in the year.

8. Complete a 5k by 10/10/10 and run a 25 min mile by April 15th, a 20 min mile July 15st, a 15 min by Oct 15th and a 10 min mile by year end

Progress: I started my running/walking program back up a couple weeks ago. I am consistently completing my mile in less than 25 minutes so I am on track. What I find a little funny is that I am actually faster when I walk the whole thing than when I do my walk/run intervals.

Plan for April: I have a 5K planned for May 23rd so I really need to stick with this next month. I would like to slightly accelerate my plan so that I can complete my 5K under 60 minutes (<20 minute mile pace). My mini goal for April is to complete at least one 3 mile walk/run in less than 1 hour.

9. Decrease utility bills by 10% (in total) by year end (tv, cell, phone, internet, gas, electric)

Progress: I was able to lower my cell phone bill significantly this month. I also made progress in lowering my gas/electric usage for this month (in comparison to last year). Hopefully this will result in a lower bill once they refigure my budget plan, but the last couple years they just increased the rate more than the amount I lowered my usage.

Plan for April: Continue cutting gas/electrical use during the mild weather. Continue to look into to alternatives for TV/Phone/Internet so I can change once a benefit is worth the new contract.

10. Spend 10 hours a month dedicated to house work

Progress: I made great progress on this during the first part of the month. Early spring cleaning was a great success and I was able to de-clutter several rooms and catch up in several others. Since then things have gone down hill slightly, but that was due to my increased travel – which was expected. It is amazing how much more organized the rest of my life feels when I am able to actually dedicate time to get extra house tasks done.

Plan for April: Start de-cluttering garage and basement. Set aside at least 6 hours for those tasks. The remaining 4 hours should be spent in 1 hour increments each week to catch up on all the extras (possibilities: steam clean floors, organize kitchen cabinets, rearrange dining room).

1 comment: