In recognition of my new signature (and the trip to Chicago), I thought I would share a little about me.
As you see in my sig below my name is Tracy Jo. Except for a couple family members everyone calls me Tracy, but I always sign things with my first and middle name. As you probably guessed the TJ comes from this – and yes some family members called me that too as well as Teeg and Trace. I was named after my great grandmother Tracy (everyone that her name was really Theresa until she died – including her own daughter) and my grandmother whose middle name is Josephine.
As I mentioned a couple times before I am an introvert. That doesn’t mean I am shy – in fact people who know me laugh their heads off at that thought. It becomes really evident when I am in large groups since they really wear me out. I need alone time to recharge. I also tend to hold myself back until I get comfortable. People have told me that they thought I was arrogant or thought I was better than them – which is soo not me. Luckily, these same people said that they realized later that it wasn’t true and it just took me a while to break out of my shell.
I am an Adult Child of an Alcoholic and it has affected my life. Most obvious is that I don’t drink – the risk for me is just too big, but I don’t judge people who do. Sad to say this stops me from being invited to many things – even by my own family. But then if drinking is that important to them that I would bring them down maybe I don’t want to go anyways :) But after reading Joey’s post I realized that other characteristics I have are linked like my overdeveloped sense of responsibility. I kind of knew this, but I am still digesting everything and may do a post later.
On a lighter side, I love the outdoors. I have been camping with my parents since I was a toddler and some of my best memories are at the campground. I also have in a canoe since I was little and today one of my favorite things to do is to kayak. I haven’t been able to do this very often over the last few years, but actually bought a kayak of my own last year. The only sad part thing is I bought the kayak because I was too big to be comfortable in the rentals and I didn’t want that issue to be evident when I went out with the extended family. Now I don’t have that problem and am looking forward to enjoying my kayak as much as possible this year.
I have many more things I could share, but I will hold myself back and save some for later ;)

I was also told by friends that they thought I was arrogant at first. Big groups also intimidate me, so Chicago is definitely out of my comfort zone. Hopefully we can stick together. :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing about yourself. I also love your signature! Great handwriting.
ReplyDeleteWhere do you live?
I love camping as well! I have been dying to try kayaking. Never been!
ReplyDeleteI cannot wait to meet you in Chicago.
Have you figured out your plans yet? I would love to organize a Michigan contingent. E-mail me at gracewojcik@gmail.com :)
If I were going, I am sure that we would get along just fine, hanging back a bit until we were all comfortable with one another!! Alas, I can't come this time, maybe next time?
ReplyDeleteI love your signature!!
I can relate. I've been mistaken for a bitch before, when really I was just being a little quiet at first. I'll have to be honest, if I don't know you or anything about you, I don't have much to say. I've never been one of those bs'ers that can just talk about anything. I'm not being a snob, I just don't have anything to talk about! Know what I mean? LOL! Also, when I don't smile, like my face is in it's relaxed position, I look mad (some people say) and I always get pre judged on that. Once they get to know me and realize I'm not a snobby beyatch they tell me what they thought at first. It's kind of annoying, but I guess we're all probably guilty of judging a book by it's cover every now and again.
ReplyDeleteI'm an introvert, too, and get the same reaction from people who know me well. They don't understand how such a "loud" and "vibrant" person could be introverted. I try to explain that I'm only like that when I'm in familiar territory. I also have learned to "fake it." Like you, though, I need alone time to recharge--I always keep emergency reading material in my car or purse just in case I need an escape. I also found out recently that a lot of people in high school thought I was a snob, when really I was just waiting for someone to talk to me.
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to meet you. I also have an introverted side, leading to the "snob" label. Thanks for sharing this. And love the sig!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to meet you too. My real name is Theresa, like your name-sake. This was a great post.
ReplyDeletePleased to meet you Tracy Jo. We'll meet in person in Chicago. I too need my quiet down time so it won't be noticed if we slip out for a bit. Good for you for choosing not to drink. I still love my wine but also have a grand time when I'm designated driver and can't drink. Which seems to be happening more and more in the past few months. I too confess to being an introvert. It'll be a challenge getting through the weekend in Chicago but worthwhile to put ourselves out of our comfort zone. I'll probably be in bed by 9 pm like normal :D
ReplyDeleteI love getting to know you a little better. You know, now that I live in the south, everyone is suppose to have 2 names! hahah...
ReplyDeleteTracy Jo. My sisters name is Tracy and now goes by Tracy Lynn when she is trying to be southern. I call my Tracey, Tracey Carroll (his middle name) when he is misbehaving.
Thanks for sharing! I have been called a bitch, but it was probably true!! lol
ReplyDeleteTracy, Hi, it is Linda from Royal Oak. Can you tell me about the Chicago Trip? I just heard about it since I have been off-line for a long time. You can email me at lca4162@yahoo.com and fill me in or let me know who to contact. When where, how, who???
ReplyDeleteLinda O - So glad to hear from you!! I will forward you an email with some details, but for now try http://sisterhoodofthetravelingbandits.blogspot.com/.
ReplyDeleteWe are talking about getting a Michigan group together (Grace is from MI and in the org group), but I haven't had a chance to catch up with her and discuss details. We were thinking of taking the train down and traveling together. It would be so great if you could join us!!