Just in case you didn’t see my ticker ;) I finally hit my 60 pound goal. I have to say the 50’s seemed to last a really long time. Yesterday, when 215 showed up unexpectedly on the scale I was shocked since the day before I was 217. I really thought that it was dehydration since my water intake has been low and I have been taking Cold meds. I changed my ticker, but I didn’t do a post. I was positive that it was a fluke. Today, when the scale said 214 (really 213.2, but I just can’t claim that), I almost had a heart attack.
Almost 5 pounds in THREE days. Wow. And honestly I haven’t been eating the greatest. Don’t get me wrong I am hitting my calorie budget, but with all the wrong foods. Yesterday, I actually had a quarter pounder (meat only) from McDonald’s as well as a piece of Pizza (both firsts since surgery). I also went shopping (all the food in my fridge was bad due to an open door) and bought a bunch of carby foods. Mashed potatoes (which I also had yesterday), polenta, pancake batter (whole wheat though), and other things that would be ok in moderation, but not all at one time!! My only saving grace this week was the amount of stress that I was under. When under stress and sick I tend to eat really light so with the high calorie foods my calorie budget was actually spot on. Of course I would have rather eaten right and had less stess…
My mom thinks that all my hard work the last month has just paid off. I have lost much less than what my calorie burn should have given me. It makes sense, but I do think a little might be dehydration. But today I am celebrating my 60 pound win and I promise to post new comparison pics and measurements tomorrow – even if I gain a couple pounds back.


Great job! Keep on keeping on!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
ReplyDeleteYea for 60!!
ReplyDeleteThats a big number~ Excellent
ReplyDeleteCONGRATULATIONS! Sixty is a huge accomplishment.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 60 pounds gone. Thanks for your comment on my post on being nervous about Chicago too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I feel proud that we're putting it to the side to make the trip - I know it's the right decision.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 60 pounds down!
ReplyDeleteThat's awesome!! Congratulations! :)
ReplyDeleteSo excited for you seeing that 60 pounds down. Happy Dance! Happy Dance!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!
ReplyDelete60lbs!!! This is great news!!
ReplyDelete60 pounds is AWESOME! Keep up the GREAT work!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! That's awesome!
ReplyDeleteWow! 60 lbs already? I am stuck in the 30's, but then I have not been trying to lose, just cutting my portions down. I guess I need to kick myself in the butt! LOL
ReplyDeleteAnd you are going to Chicago to meet all these great Band Buddies of our!! I am so jealous, you are so lucky. I really am happy that all of you will be meeting. Maybe I can make the next one in Florida!
Happy Bandiversary to you tomorrow!!! Why is it that I have a ticker tape which shows how long since my Surgery and I still forget the Bandiversary?
Thanks for your comment on my post about whether or not to do a liquid diet prior to surgery. Sounds like what you did is totally doable and you still lost 15 lbs! I think I'll do something very similar to you. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteDon't question it! Sounds like you have been doing all the right things even if you have had an off couple of days. Sometimes I swear it takes just a few off days to kick a metobolism back into gear... CONGRATS!
ReplyDelete