I hope you all had a great Memorial Day weekend! Mine was wonderful, and I was exhausted by Sunday night. Saturday I went to one of the Metroparks in the area. I just brought a book and a blanket and enjoyed everything around me. I was going to go kayaking, but something held me back. I was a little nervous about getting into a rental kayak with the puppy by myself. I did this many times last summer, but with my own kayak. The last time I was in a rental kayak I had the hardest time. The kayak was ok for my weight and big enough, but like many rentals it was narrow and was very awkward moving around (the reason I bought my own kayak).
I had a great time anyways, but when I got home I regretted not getting a kayak. I am honestly not sure if it was my weight that bothered me or the fact that I had never done this before - renting a kayak by myself. I am allergic to doing new things :) So remembering my post the other day about not being held back anymore I went back to the park on Sunday and spent two great hours on the lake. It was wonderful!! So wonderful I went back on Monday and spent another couple hours on the water.
The only bad thing this weekend is I didn’t get any walking/running in. I am actually really slacking on that side. For some reason I just don’t feel like exercising. I think I am a little burnt out, but considering that the training for the half marathon starts next week I really need to get moving!! I think the first thing we have to do is run a mile so they can evaulate us and put us in the correct class. I don't expect to do great since I am a beginner, but I want to do my best.
Here is a picture of my Memorial Day dinner. The steak was so good. I am not really sure what kind it is, but they come in a pack of two and have tons of marbling (yes a little fatty, but really really tender). Each steak is about 5 ounces before being cooked and 3 ounces after. All together the meal was a little high in calories (somewhere around 400/450), but I expect a lot of the fat cooked off. I just can't measure it so I estimate high. The best part is that it all went down great, but I was easily full when I should be. I probably could be a little tighter, but restriction is so great!!!!
I also love these plates. They are actually baby plates (and have lids), but they work perfect. I normally put my protein in the large slot, a veggie or fruit in one of the small slots, and a carb/grain in the last slot. Since corn is both a grain and a veggie I used it for both this day. I spit the corn just so I would eat it slower, and I found that if I cut up my protein ahead of time I am much more likely to eat smaller bites.
On the scale side I did hit my memorial day goal – actually exceeded it! Since then my weight has bounced around from 204 to 206, but that is typical for me after a big loss. I am hoping to get down to 203 by Sunday, but it could easily be 207. A little annoying, but I know that after I go up I will normally have a big drop a week or two later.
I am so close to Onederland I can taste it! I have a bridal shower to go to in 3.5 weeks (if I ever get the invite) and I am setting a goal to be there by then. I would prefer 195, but that might be a stretch. This will be the first time this side of the family has seen me since January. I was down 32 pounds at that time and I want to be down 75-80 pounds down this time. Not that they will say anything, but I will know.


That looks yummy!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on taking the leap and kayaking by yourself! I've never been.
ReplyDeleteYour lunch looks yummy! I love me a good steak with some A-1 on it. And corn on the cob - mmmm. Have you ever tried it with lemon pepper sprinkled on it?
Great job! You'll be in onderland before you know it!
ReplyDeleteGrace - It was yummmy!! So good I had it twice (on different days of course)!
ReplyDeleteTori - I haven't tried lemon pepper, but my mom always adds a little lemon juice and a pinch of sugar in the water when she makes it. It makes a huge difference with the peaches and cream corn. I love it grilled too and just might try adding the lemon pepper on before I grill it.
Sounds like a wonderful weekend! And you will so totally hit 195 by the shower - if anyone can do it, it's YOU! You are such an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteGood on you for going back and enjoying the lake...I am proud of you. I am sure you can hit that goal too
ReplyDeleteWow, you really are close to onederland! And that's a great idea to use the baby plate that way. I have one or two left from when my son was a toddler, perhaps I'll dig them out to use myself.
ReplyDelete