Sunday, June 6, 2010

Hot Summer Meltdown

Thanks for everyone’s comments yesterday. Just to clarify I really didn’t think I would be blacklisted. I was just really surprised at the number of people against dieting, counting and measuring there were out there. I felt like the only person with my view for a little while. That combined with the complete lack of comments on my Friday post was just funny.


As many of you know today marks the start of the Hot Summer Meltdown Challenge. When I weighed myself this morning I almost fell over. It showed 206.2.  I am UP 2.2 pounds – overnight! I know for a fact that it isn’t true weight gain. I mean I upped my calories yesterday, but I doubt I hit 1700 let alone 7000. There is just no way it is real. NO WAY!!!


I blamed my lack of losing this week on the weight training I started on Thursday, but I don’t think I can blame my gain today on that. Not three days later. I did Zumba yesterday, but it was the second time and last time I didn’t gain so I don’t think it is that. What I am guessing is that it is a combination of all the exercise plus the fact that I upped my water intake yesterday (I had been slacking on this all week). Hopefully, I will wake up tomorrow and some of it will be gone, but with my weight training today I don’t know if that will happen.

I feel a little guilty even sending the weight into the challenge, but I guess if my weight was up on the last day I would feel like I was cheating if I sent another weight so I will just leave it the way it is. However, I am NOT counting this gain as my official weight. Normally, I take the best weight of the weekend to count as my weekly weight just because of this reason. So that makes this week loss a whole .5 pounds. Not my best week, but not my worst (I had a .2 pound loss in Jan).

7 comments:

  1. I was up nearly FIVE pounds when I went to take my scale pic yesterday and I can only figure that it's some combination of something hormonal, the incredibly hot weather, and the Hawaiian pizza I ate for 3 meals over the last few days (ham is awfully salty) but whatever. This bouncing is making me a little crazy, so I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never cease to be amazed by how I can gain or lose two or three pounds overnight. The challenge begins! And at the end you will be a good deal lighter than you are now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our bodies are very amazing. We can retain 3 lbs of water in a day and the next its gone! Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. But you'll be in good stead to have a bigger loss at the end of the challenge. You go! Did you ever see the episode of Biggest Loser where the guy wanted to post a gain and drank gallons of water-he gained 17 pounds and then the following week was down 30. You're doing great and isn't it great the discussion we got going on in blogger land. Plus you gained a couple of people so there you go. I started the gym too last week but I think it helped trigger my body to start doing something. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know whaT you mean ...I was up too on weigh in day...what can you do???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't feel bad about sending it in, it was what you weighed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally know what you mean - I went on vacation between challenges and was up 5 pounds! I used my final weight from the first challenge and the start weight for this current challenge (didn't want to seem like I was cheating). You are doing amazingly well, 2 pounds or not!

    ReplyDelete