
That means as of today I am:
- 7 lbs under my health insurance coach’s goal of 192 (BMI under 32)
- 5 lbs from my Doc’s goal of 180 (BMI under 30)
- 10 lbs from my personal goal of 175 (first goal)
I have struggled seeing the changes the last 10 pounds have made – probably since it has come off so much slower. When I saw my trainer last week (for the first time in a little over 2 months) she complimented me on how good I looked. I laughed and said that I really hadn’t lost much. She looked at me funny and halfway through the training she mentioned that I had to have lost more weight and pointed out how “skinny” my arms were. Also, the other day the puppy and I made a trip to the pet store – we go at least once a week to “socialize”. (Mollie LOVES it). I wondered why nobody came up and said hi to Mollie and I until we were checking out. After the cashier heard me call Mollie she took as second look and asked me if I changed my hair or something b/c she didn’t recognize me at first. I laughed and figured that I must normally have my hair pulled back when I go. That was until Sunday.
Sunday I looked in the mirror and felt that something was “off”. Throughout the day I kept glancing in the mirror trying to figure out what that something was. It wasn’t even a conscious thing at first. I just kept doing it and wondered why I felt “funny” when I saw myself. It is hard to explain. It was like when you have a something on the tip of your tongue but you can’t remember what that something was. That nagging feeling kept drawing me back to the mirror.
After probably a dozen (or two) long glances in the mirror I realized that somewhere along these last 10 pounds something big changed in my face. And it just isn’t the fact that it is more narrow (although it is!). It is also the depth of my features. It is hard to see in photos, but my cheekbones, nose, eyes all look different b/c they are more prominent. I wish I had a good “before” side shot to show you so you could see the difference since it is really obvious when you see me in profile. Honestly I think most of the 10 pounds that I lost has been in my face and shoulders. Probably why I still can’t wear my size 12s!
Speaking of shoulders – after one of my runs I was looking in the mirror and thought the muscles in my shoulders were in knots. There was these huge bumps sticking out in my back and since I have been having so much back pain I reached back to see if I could rub the knot out. Well I could easily reach it, but it wasn’t muscle it was BONE. I almost died laughing.
I will post my regular update pictures soon, but here are some charts of my journey these last 10 months.
![]() |
| My Weight Loss and Trend |
![]() |
| My forecast to my 1 year mark - I have to lose at least 1.25 lbs/wk to hit my goal |
![]() |
| Here are my month losses |
![]() |
| A historial view of my weight since High School |






Awesome, what an accomplishment!
ReplyDeleteyipppppeeeeeeeee. Love all your charts, btw. 90lbs gone is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThat's so very awesome! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteThe face is amazing! Absolutely amazing. I can see why the people at the pet store didn't recognize you!!!
Love the graphs.
I was rubbing my hand on my hip bone this morning and thinking it was my port in a weird spot before I realized it was my hip bone. It seems so obvious, but I guess its been while!
ReplyDeleteI can really see a difference in your face. It is bizarre what a difference 20 lbs. can make in the face. You are doing so well. It looks like we have similar starting points and goals - it is heartening to see someone so close to my goals and know I am right behinds you. Thank you for sharing!
Great job. Can definitely see the difference in your face.
ReplyDeleteSo amazing TJ - I'm sure the last 10 pounds made a huge difference. It's just hard for us to see in ourselves sometimes.
ReplyDelete90lbs!!!! Holy Moly!!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!! You are such an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteWow! Way to go!! and I can see a HUGE difference in your face!! You look great!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics! Truly amazing. You are an inspiration to me.
ReplyDeleteI had my surgery on Monday and I am planning to take some before pictures soon. Should have done it before surgery but DH was out of town.
Libby - http://thisonetimeinbandcamp.blogspot.com/
Wow I can't believe how big of a difference it made in your face! You look great. I like the graph you made to see how weight loss really changes the longer you are on a program.
ReplyDeleteThanks for posting everything,
DD-
www.bandedup.blogspot.com
Thank you so much for you comment about blood sugar on my blog. My blood sugar during the day seems to be just fine. Just first thing in the morning I am around 100-115. The rest of the day I haven't been above 140. Who knows! Looking forward to seeing what the doctor thinks. Thanks again...do you feel that the pcos symptoms have been helped with metformin?
ReplyDeleteVery inspiring and motivative post! I enjoy reading sports-related stories, because they are all about challenges, struggling, losing, winning and real friendship. I have found very informative resource for athletes - http://bit.ly/Qh9G8S. They write about so many things which might help athletes get stronger and achieve higher results.
ReplyDelete