Here is my contribution to Amy's Thousand Word Thursday. The topic for the week is: Let's celebrate our own beauty and how wonderful we all look with a photo of your favorite feature.
This was a hard one for me since I see my body as a work in progress. Plus I recently dropped enough weight to put me back in that "spongy" category. You know that spot after you lose some weight and before your skin tightens back up. It has happened several times so far during this journey (especially after a big drop in body fat) and so far my body is able to compensate after a few weeks of sponginess.
So of course the legs I loved last week don’t look as firm as they did. Neither does my chin or arms, but I know it is just a phase and I am trying really hard not to let it bug me. But finding a “favorite feature” became a little depressing today. Until I remembered the recent dresses I have been wearing and the great neck line that appeared from under my tanks and t-shirts.
This picture isn’t the best, but it is amazing how much definition I am getting in my upper chest area. I have even got compliments - of all the strange places to compliment :) The little peak of collar bones (they won’t ever jump out, but that is the way I am built), the defined neck, and a growing set of shoulder and neck muscles combined with a “sprinkle” of freckles makes me smile. And yes I know that sprinkle is an understatement. I tell people I don’t tan my freckles just meld together ;p


I have broad shoulders (even when I'm thinner) so I'm very jealous.
ReplyDeleteGooo with the awesome collar bones!
ReplyDeleteTina
Gorgeous collarbone... I also have footballer's shoulders... IMNV-US... *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Check out my blog at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteI agree.. you have a very nice neckline!
ReplyDeleteSuper duper neckline!!!I am uber jealous! :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a great neckline!!
ReplyDeletesuper collar bones!!
ReplyDeleteAre you still planning on going to BOOBS? Can you email me right away at drazil700@yahoo.com and let me know?
ReplyDeletethat's mine too!
ReplyDeleteI love your neckline!! I am so envious! It will probably be one of the last places that really starts to show my weight loss!
ReplyDeleteBTW, Happy 10 month Bandiversary!!