So glad I am getting another fill tomorrow!! My will power is getting a little weak. But I can’t count on the band so I need to make a few changes on my side. Now I am a firm believer that nothing is off the plate, but for the same calories I could have really had something good. Or I could have had half of what I did and been just as satisfied. Sad thing is it hasn’t been much more than an hour and I am hungry!!! And I don’t think I have any calories left…. Potato wedges = 260 (good but not that good), Biscuit = 180 (really not worth it!), and chicken (about 140…yummm). That plus the approx 800 I had today leaves me only 20 calories to snack with tonight. Sooo not going to happen… *sigh* I don’t think I am going to be in the 220’s tomorrow :(
This weekend I was cleaning out my closet and ran across my medical records. I thought it would be informative to go through them and see what I weighed at different times of my life. Now this isn’t a “true” picture since this graph has only my weights at doctor’s office visits, but it does give a good idea of the yo-yo dieting that my life was (and I didn’t even realize it until I was trying to fill out my pre-surgery documents)
It was so informative to see this - especially since I know that those lows were results of losing my motivation and giving up. The chart below was modified to include “non-official” weights to better depict what my weight was between doctor’s visits (since sometimes I go years without a visit – especially after giving up on weight loss). I also added major milestones in my life, plus markers for major diet attempts.
- I underestimated the weight I was in high school. I thought I was closer to 175-195 through my high school years. I was really 180-210.
- When I hit my goal I will be less than I weighed in high school. And as my NP and dietitian said – how many people can say that?!
- The only diets that show up as a valley are higher protein/lower carb. Very similar to what I am doing now.
- I lose weight fast and I gain weight even faster.
- I get stuck between 200 and 215, but last time I gave up in the 220s. VERY close to where I am now!
- I have lost more weight now than EVER before and it is coming of a little faster (probably since I am exercising as well as eating right)

VERY interesting...makes me wonder what mine would look like...so many ups and downs...but a general rise. Thank GAWD for our LB's!!! :-) NO more diets!
ReplyDeleteYour charts illustrates really well how difficult it is to maintain the losses. If I were to plot a chart based on my weight over the last decade it would probably look like a roller coaster.
ReplyDeleteWow.. so you are sticking to about 820 calories per day.. I just got the shock of my life when my nut told me to stick to 900.. very cool chart and what a great pictorial of how effective the band has been for you.. thanks for sharing that.. gives me some ideas to track my history
ReplyDeleteThat was 800 PLUS the KFC binge. It worked out to 1380. I stay between 1200 and 1400. My nut said to do the 900 and within the week they were keeping me home from work due to lack of energy. They now are on board with my 1200/1400 calorie diet. But I also track my calories expended (using a body bugg type device) and burn around 2200-2400 (or more).
ReplyDeleteGood luck with the fill tomorrow. Thinking restricted thoughts for you! Thanks for your comments on my blog, I think you're spot on. Oh, and I had KFC tonight, too. I managed to bypass my band by eating slowly, and drinking water(sssshhhh!) with my chicken so I could get down an ENTIRE breast. Not the grilled kind, either. But, my calories will still be around
ReplyDelete1300 so I can deal with that.
Interesting chart - mine would look pretty similar. It's funny I spent a lot of time in the 220's and I think that's my set point because it was really hard to break through that barrier into the 210's last month.
ReplyDeleteThat is so neat! I really wish I could do mine. That would be real interesting to study my weight in my life. I was 397 in high school and right now I am teetering between 299-301. I havent been at this weight since middle school :D
ReplyDeleteWay cool. I should do that too, and yay for no more dieting. Done and dusted and never to happen again :)
ReplyDeleteThat is very interesting isn't it...I love your goal...imagine that. Good luck with your second fill
ReplyDelete