This isn't band related, but I need to get it off my chest.
Yesterday I was approached by a group of people saying that they were in the area doing windows for a couple other condos in my complex and ask if they could do an estimate for me. I told them at the time that I wouldn't be ready to buy until later in the year and didn't know if I wanted to do fiberglass, but that I was willing to hear them out. We scheduled a time and I spent part of the night finishing cleaning my house and moving furniture away from the windows so they could measure.
Today one employee came back (5 minutes before their window of time was up). I told her what I was looking for and that I wasn't sure if fiberglass was what I wanted, but I wanted to gather info to make an informed decision. She asked if I had someone that helped me make decisions on purchases like this and I said I did (my Dad). She basically then went on to say that she COULDN'T do their thing unless he was here. I told her repeatedly that that wasn't possible since he didn't live in the area. She didn't relent. I even said how I make the decisions not him and that he was basically just my sounding board. She still insisted. Angry at this point I told her I wasn't interested then.
I have never heard of someone refusing to do a sales pitch because your dad wasn't available. I was sooo offended. I called the company up and complained and they just said "sorry they couldn't help me". Yes I was upset on the phone and mentioned that I was going to let my neighbors know how they do business, but if they would have just said I'm sorry or that isn't how they normally do business or something I would have felt so much better. Now I will spread the word to as many people as possible (already on facebook). If you live in the Detroit area let me know and I will pass the name on. I don't want to put it on my blog so it doesn't show up in searches.
On the band side I am "supposed" to get a fill today. Who knows if it will work anymore. I am so tense I haven't eaten all day. I need to get over this so I can relax before I go in. Otherwise I am sure that needle going into my tense body will feel so lovely. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok so I lied. I will leave the name. I am too upset. M.A.J.I.C W.I.N.D.O.W.S without the dots :)
ReplyDeleteGood for you for sticking up to them. You would think after all these years us girls do not and I repeat do not need a man to help us make a final decision. We may choose to get their advice, like you mentioned. I no longer speak to any sales that come by my door. I always visit a showroom now. Calm down. OOOOHHHHHMMMMM. Or maybe a drink after the fill :-)
ReplyDeleteTruly amazing about those sales people. Usually they're happy to get anyone to listen to their shtick. Good for you for calling the company. Good luck with your fill!
ReplyDeleteIt never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be - especially people trying to get your business. What jerks! Good job to you for not letting them get away with it.
ReplyDeleteHow frustrating...it is 2010 not the 1950's for goodness sake. Women can earn more than me and I would like to know why the actual company cannot help you???? Absurd. Good luck with the fill relaxxxxxxxxx. Now can you explain to this aussie why you would fibreglass your windows???
ReplyDeleteThat is an old tactic they use in the window business. It is ludicrious! They won't talk to husbands unless wives are there either. They feel like if both parties are there it will be easier to "close" the deal. Was it Hansons, Wallside? They are all jerks and it is a scumbag business. You should call the better business bureau and file a report. I am glad you told them to get lost.
ReplyDeleteThanks everyone! It really drove me crazy, but I did calm down before my fill - in fact I forgot all about it :)
ReplyDeleteSally - Fiberglass is what the frame is made of and it is supposed to be more energy efficient than wood or vinyl, but it is also a lot more expensive (I think). Here in Michigan it can get pretty cold and saving on heating costs would be important for me.