The scale finally gave up torturing me and showed me a 1 the other day. I have been a little frightened to call it since it isn’t my scale (same kind of scale, but not mine), but when I could stand on it with pajamas and still be under 200 I knew it was time. I am in ONEDERLAND!!!! Yesterday, the whole town celebrated with me. There was a parade and fireworks. It was a HUGE party ;)
Being serious again, these last couple pounds have been the hardest to lose. First my awesome scale refused to actually show a 100. It is an old T-bar scale (the kind that doctor’s offices and hospitals have/had) and is super accurate – EXCEPT when I am on the edges of each 50 pound increment. Basically, I had bottomed out the 200 pound weight (meaning that I HAD to be under 200), but when I moved to the 150 weight I maxed it out (showing that I was over 200).
Add that into a mini plateau and set point and talk about frustrating. At least I am guessing that I was at a set point since my body just did not want to give up those last couple pounds. I killed on the exercise side – started my half marathon training, ran 3-5 miles each group run, ran an addition 3-5 each week for homework, did strength training once or twice a week, and tried Zumba a couple times. On the food side I also did pretty good. I had some low days and some high days, but that was partly on purpose so my body wouldn’t get adjusted to the low calorie intake and lower my metabolism any more. All this and I ended June down 4 pounds - 4 very hard pounds. Which is half of what I have been losing each month and honestly I think two of those pounds might have been from dehydration. So much for hitting 199.8 by the end of June let alone my stretch goal of 195.
But I can’t really complain. I knew that this was going to happen someday. I expected it to happen closer to 210 or 220 so I have been very lucky. But no matter how much the rational mind understands what is going on, the heart hurts every time the scale doesn’t budge. Frustration is an understatement!
However, I have busted through and hope to never see a 200 ever again!!!!!!! Since the weight seems to be melting off at the moment, I don’t think that will be an issue. According to the scale I have where I am visiting (same kind of T-bar scale so it has to be very close to mine), I am just a hair over 196. That means I have lost more weight in the 5 days of July than I lost ALL LAST MONTH!!! Woohoooo!!! Hopefully, my scale (which normaly reads a tiny bit less) will show the same number when I get home tomorrow.
Speaking of home. I haven’t been there very much lately which is why I haven’t been around blog land much. I tried to keep up with blogs using google reader, but I have tons of unread blogs still out there. I will try to get caught up today and tomorrow, but with the shear number of new postings it might take all week!!!



congrats!
ReplyDeleteSweet! Yay for Onederland!
ReplyDeleteI have the same kind of scale. Thanks for the heads-up on the "no man's land" issue.
Congratulations Tracy Jo!!! You are doing so well.
ReplyDeletecongrats! you've done so well and worked so hard and deserve every firework that was shot off in celebration of ONEDERLAND yesterday!
ReplyDeleteCONGRATS!!!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you. You totally deserved to see Onederland.
ReplyDeletecongrats! what a ONEderful place to be! :)
ReplyDeleteWell girl.. no one knows the pain of the journey like me SOOOOO CONGRATS.. ENJOY and CONTINUE WITH THE RIDE DOWN THE SCALE>>
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you. The band rocks! And plateaus suck. Glad you got through it alive!
ReplyDeleteYea for you!!! I can imagine how happy you are, and how hard you worked for it. I am hoping my next fill on Thursday will get me off of 201 so I can be in the ones too.
ReplyDeleteCongrats!
Wow! Onderland! How fantastic for you! Congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteyayayayayayayay! amazing!! soo happy for you! i dream of the day!
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!! You rock!!! :)
ReplyDeletecongrats---200 is a BIG milestone and you deserved the fireworks :)
ReplyDeleteTina
Awesome TJ!! You've worked hard to get there.
ReplyDeleteYay!!! I am so happy for you! I can't wait to join you, maybe real soon! <3
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!! Job well done!
ReplyDeleteI am so excited for you! What an awesome accomplishment. Celebrate!!!
ReplyDeleteAMAZING, TJ! Fantastic job! I just found your blog. I think it is the only one I wasn't following ~ lol. Check mine out if you'd like: http://amandakiska.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete