BYOC everyone! 5 questions - some funny, some serious - we answer in our blogs to get to know each other better and to ease our fried brains on Fridays!
1. Love or money? High salary or job satisfaction?
I would like to say love, but I have to be realistic and say it would depend on how poor I would be. I know the lack of money causes a lot of stress and that can ruin love. As for the other I would have to say once again it would have to be a compromise. I would never want to hate my job and get a high salary, but on the other hand I wouldn’t want to make diddly squat but love my job. Although if I had to lean more towards one side or the other I would rather give up a little money and have more job satisfaction.
2. What is your favorite time of day?
I am a night person and love sunsets. I have plans to live on Lake Michigan someday (after I win the lottery) so I can watch the sunset from my deck everyday. However, I find nothing more calming and satisfying that being in my kayak in the middle of a lake at sunrise. There is just something that touches my soul when I am out there.
3. My in-laws just had their wills done so it made me wonder this. Do you have a will? Did you tell anyone your wish to be kept alive or not?
I don’t have a will, but I have no dependents (or a positive net worth) so it really doesn’t matter too much. I do have life insurance through work and someday I will have to figure out an alternative to leaving it to my parents, but hopefully that won’t be important for a really long time.
As for my wish to be kept alive or not – I have told my parents to do whatever they want. My take on it is that if I am in the situation that I can’t make the decision myself then it really won’t matter to me what decision is made. They will be the ones that will affected the most and since there are so many factors that can’t be known ahead of time I figure that they will also be the most informed to make the decision.
My only medical request has been that if something is ever discovered during surgery and they need to remove reproductive organs that I am woken up to make the decision myself. This came out of my first surgery (of 4) where they thought I had a tumor on my ovaries. I was 13 at the time and although it wasn’t a tumor I found that my chances of having kids were greatly reduced. I have come to grips with my chances, but it made me really think about how much harder it would be if they had to remove the ovary.
4. Repeat question. Pick one thing for one day you'll do next week that aids in your physical or mental health.
I am most likely traveling next week and keeping up with my runs can be hard. I am going to make the promise that I will do my long run next Thursday even if I can’t run with the group.
5. Repeat questions. Make someone a superstar for a moment...whose comment or blog stuck with you this week and why.
TracyZ - I loved her post about rafting mostly because I am really really jealous. I may need to make a trip out there and go myself once I hit my goal.
Susieq4givn – She had a plateau at 200 just like I did, but has now it Onderland!!!
Draz - Draz posted the other day about a new mantra that she was using as she was running - “but it doesn’t matter”. Yesterday, I did this several times and was shocked when it made such a difference. It went something like – “It’s hot, humid, and raining, but it doesn’t matter”, “my glasses are fogging up, but it doesn’t matter”, and “I have 2 miles to go, but it doesn’t matter”. Strangely it was like a weight was lifted off my shoulders each time. I am going to try adding this to other things and see if it does the same.

1.I am a teacher so it obviously is love I don't get paid near enough for what I have to deal with.
ReplyDelete2. when the kids are asleep and I can actually hear what my husband is saying to me
3.got a will a few years ago, cried in the lawyers office when we had to talk about taking me off life support. embarrasing.
4. i am going to excersise 4 days next week
5. can't remember whose blog but someone gave me an idea of putting sugar free coolwhip and sugar free pudding with my apples as a dessert. Love it.
DD- www.bandedup.blogspot.com
I think you need to plan a trip out here...I'll take you rafting! :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't it weird how "it doesn't matter" totally works. It's the craziest thing huh?
ReplyDelete