1. Lose 15lbs every 10 weeks
Progress: So far so good. In the four weeks of February I lost 10 pounds and have 5 more pounds to lose in the next 6 weeks (well now 4.5 pounds in 5 weeks). Even though I think I will have no problems hitting this I don’t want to change this goal at this time. I think 1.5 pounds a week is a good goal and a healthy goal. Plus, if I hit this weekly goal I will be assured of hitting my big goal by my one year anniversary!
Plan for March: Continue working towards a 1.5 pound a week loss. If you plateau for more than two weeks (less than 2 pounds lost in 2 weeks) start shaking things up!
2. Pay off 10k of debt (house, credit card, student loan,car) not including interest by end of year.
Progress: I cut back a couple extra payments this month, but was still able to put back a couple extra dollars. I am still on track to hit my goal by the end of the year.
Plan for March: This month will be hard due to tax season, but I am committed to same payments that I made in February. The goal would be to increase this slightly in May.
3. Toss or box for garage sale 10 items from each room each month until sale - trash doesn’t count :)
Progress: I am not sure if I achieved the letter of this goal, but I sure hit the spirit. During the month of February I sorted through the living room closet and eliminated over way over 10 items. I also sorted through a few boxes of clothes and was able to bag up a least 5 bags of clothes to donate - nothing good enough for the sisterhood :).
Plan for March: Spring cleaning began last weekend so I already have reached my goal :). My goal is to continue spring cleaning and remove at least 10 items from the basement and garage.
4. Complete 10 blog postings every month
Progress: 11 postings this month so this goal was achieved. However, with all the travel I am doing I am having a heck of a time keeping up with everyone. I am still out there even if you get any comments from me. However, I will be honest and say I know I have missed a few updates, but I am doing my best to keep up!!
5. Exercise 10 days every two weeks, with an average of 10 minutes of vigorous activities every day and 10 hours of total activity each week
Progress: Bad Bad Bad! My exercise has really fallen to the wayside! Part of this is due to the fact that I have been suffering from these strange leg and muscle pains for the last few weeks. After 4 weeks of pain, I think I narrowed it down to my shoes so hopefully no more excuses on the exercise side.
Overall, my activity levels were only slightly short of my goals. I averaged 9 hours and 48 minutes of activity each week and 7 minutes of vigorous activity each day. Even without the actually “exercising” I was able to burn on average 2431 calories a day – which is 31 calories over my goal.
Plan for March: Even though I hit my activity and calorie goals I don’t feel like I am getting stronger. I actually feel weaker than I did in January. So in what remains of March I am going to start back with my exercise routine. Back to the 52K program, Pilates in the hotel, and focusing on at least 10 minutes of cardio each day. I am also going get my free pass to the gym at the “health village” that my doctor is in during my next visit. I want to start resistance and weight training there and I think that will help with getting my overall strength back.
6. Attend 10 events this year
Progress: Nothing this month.
Plan for March: I have an event planned for March, but I need to start looking at the year in whole if I want to meet this goal.
7. Save 10% of income by year end
Progress: I increased my savings one more percentage this month.
Plan for March: No changes planned.
8. Complete a 5k by 10/10/10 and run a 25 min mile by April 15th, a 20 min mile July 15st, a 15 min by Oct 15th and a 10 min mile by year end
Progress: Before I gave up my running program I hit a 22:24 minute mile. So I am making great progress.
Plan for March: I will probably slow down a little once I get started again, but I will continue working towards keeping my mile under 25 minutes. I would like to get at least one mile under 22:24 this month. Hopefully my endurance will get stronger over the year, because a 22 minute mile sucks I think some people can walk faster, but I will get there.
9. Decrease utility bills by 10% (in total) by year end (tv, cell, phone, internet, gas, electric)
Progress: I procrastinated again this month and didn’t make any progress. March will be a little better, but I need to make some more long term decisions with my utilities. I have a couple options, but they would require extending contracts. I would save more money, but I am not sure if I want to be locked into something for a year.
Plan for March: I know other things may delay decisions and that is ok, but don’t let procrastination delay any decisions.
10. Spend 10 hours a month dedicated to house work
Progress: I have made great progress on this so far. I believe I easily spent 10 hours on housework (who doesn’t), but the best part is more of this time was specifically dedicated to getting it done. I felt less rushed and less chaotic even though my house was probably messier than normal. On a side note how in the world does a house get dirtier the more time you spend away from it.
Plan for March: Spring Cleaning!


You're making great strides on your goals and you've inspired me to create a list of my own. I have a running inventory in my head that I'm going to try and whittle down to five.
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Bianca, I have found having specific measurable goals have been a huge motivator. I trick myself saying that I am doing "pretty" good when I really am not. It is spelled out in black and white. Also, being able to track success/failure each month shows me where I really need to adjust. I take a look at the goal and see if it is the goal that needs to be changed (is this what I really want?) or my behavior. It is starting to really change things in my life - slowly but for me that is what I want.
ReplyDeleteI meant I used to trick myself - I can't now since it is spelled out in black and white. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat progress. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete