After seeing 228, 222, and every number in between on the scale last week, I was starting to wonder how long it would really take to hit my next milestone. Thankfully, the scale has been behaving the last couple days and steadily decreased until today’s low of 220 - 55 pounds down! This marks my lowest weight since March of 2005 so this milestone is more meaningful than any so far.
On another note, I am not sure if I mentioned it, but my dad has been working through his 12 month approval process for the band. His insurance requires much more work than mine did including 12 consecutive months of a weight loss program – with compliance (which they see as weight loss). Luckily, our surgeon has found that if they submit at 6 months (with co-morbidities and double digit weight loss) they tend to give early approval. He hit his 6 months this month and got his approval today!!
He still has a bunch of medical tests and pre-surgery therapy sessions to get through, but his current date is May 21st. We are very excited, but I think my dad is starting to get really nervous. Although, my belief is that you should be nervous with making such a life changing decision and this certain counts as that. Sometimes I think I am more excited than him, but I have tried really hard to explain both the positives and the negatives of everything I am going through so I don’t overly influence him to do something he doesn’t want. However, I am so excited to have my dad healthier. I want to make sure we spend as much time on this earth together as possible!


Wow! 55 lbs down already? I am still sitting at 37.4! Of course, I haven't been a good band girl lately either! LOL I am planning on getting back on my pre-op diet for a couple of weeks to force myself back into proper eating and portion sizes to see how that goes.
ReplyDeleteAs for your dad, YEA!! That is fantastic! So glad to hear that he didn't have to go through the whole 12 months program.
Congrats on 55! You'll be a great help to your Dad in the process and I'm sure it will be nice to have him to talk to about it.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the 55. And that's cool about your dad. Both of my parents are going to get banded too, so I know what you mean about being excited and looking forward to a healthier parent.
ReplyDeleteGreat news all the way around. I don't what I would've done if my insurance required a year. 6 months seems soooooooooo looooooooong. 55 lbs down is such a great accomplishment. Great job.
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome! Yay for you and losing 55 pounds and triple yay for your dad getting early approval! What great newsall around!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on 55 down and congrats to your dad as well. You'll be a great resource for him.
ReplyDelete55!!! That is awesome! I can't believe they had a 12month wait-ridiculous. I'm so glad that your surgeon thought ahead and Dad could get an earlier date. You are doing awesome!
ReplyDelete55 pounds go you. That is awesome and congratss to your dad. I am sure you will be able to give him a wealth of knowledge and comfort !!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting...2 important posts in one. So glad for your dad...very excting as we know this will change his life and you...55lbs down...what a milestone...time for comparison shots pleaseeeeeee!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat WL and I think it's great your Dad will be doing this too! Tracy what a gift to have your NP and NUT to work out with...talk about accountability and support! Can't wait to see you run that 5K!!!
ReplyDelete