I spent the week at my parent’s house and spent the week relaxing and enjoying the company. I went shopping with my mom a couple times, but that was the extent of my physical activity. I also was able to up my calories a little. Instead of averaging 700 a day I am close to 850. I have even hit 1000 one day :) Who would have thought my biggest problem was too few calories?!?
But it is amazing how my body works. I am rarely hungry (but of course I am right now), but I have no restriction. I think most of not all of the swelling is down, and I probably could eat as much as before, but I am just not hungry most of the time. And when I am hungry I normally fill up on a half a cup or a little more. In fact today is the first day I haven’t been full after a small meal. I think it is because I skipped a few meals today due to my extra long drive home today and doctor’s appointment.
in case you didn’t know Michigan (as well as many other states) got hit by that wonderful winter storm. I had planned to drive home on Wednesday so I wouldn’t be rushed going to my appointment, but since the storm warning was still active I decided to stay around and enjoy the neighbors’ kids’ snowmen - or avoid ending up in the ditch :)
Since my 2nd post op appointment was today I had to drive home this morning. It was still snowing some, but the roads weren’t too bad. It only took me a little over 3 hours to make my 2 hour drive - including one 20 minute stop in a parking lot during a whiteout, but honestly most of the trip was clear. However, the side roads like normal were still snow covered and this is the view that greeted me as I started out today.
As for the appointment, all my tests came back good and since my energy levels are higher (still not normal) I have been released for work on Monday. Hooray! Granted I didn’t mind the time off, but only sleeping and sitting around got a little old. I am glad I spent the week at my parents or I would have been bored out of my mind.
The NP did put some restrictions on release including no lifting/pushing/pulling more than 15lbs, no repetitious bending, and no strenuous activity, but these won’t affect my day to day job. It does eliminate any work travel since I can’t lift my suitcase let alone my computer bag. She also said I am not supposed to do any physical activity including exercise for more than 10 minutes at a time.
I understand WHY, but the HOW is stumping me a little. I still have a life to live and some things just have to get done. I live by myself and I don’t have anyone close enough to help with the day to day stuff so I have to do it. Things like grocery shopping, taking out the trash, changing the kitty break my restrictions, but they have to be done. I am doing my best to stick to the rules and I do feel much better when I do, but some things just can’t wait 6 or more weeks (can you imagine what my house would smell like if I didn’t).
Now that I am home can’t wait for morning so I can weigh myself on my own scale and see what my weight is. My parent’s scale said 253, but I noticed today that it was weighing heavy (not zeroed out right). I didn’t want to change it since I know it matches my dad’s office scale but I am guessing that it is a pound off. I would love to see an extra pound, but for now I am going to enjoy my last few days off.




Wow Tracy, you are doing fantastic! Glad to hear that you have been released back to work. I know that you do have to do some things not Doctor approved since you live alone, but please do take it as easy as you can!
ReplyDeleteI was banded the day before you & I made the mistake of thinking I was better than I was (plus I forgot that I wasn't supposed to do things that soon) & I MIGHT have flipped my port, while putting up our Christmas Decorations! I won't know for sure until I go in for my first fill on Dec 28th.
Glad to see you got to spend some time with the folks during your forced down time though. I am sure they were glad to see you as well.
Happy Holidays
I've just discovered your blog after seeing you comment on others that I follow. Glad to hear things are going well. I LOVE the photos that you posted here. The colors and the mood and tone are just gorgeous! Good luck. I'll definitely check back!
ReplyDeleteHeather
gettingbacktoskinnymini.blogspot.com