Friday, November 20, 2009

I'm Home!

The surgery went great!  A little more pain than I was expecting compared to what I remember of my old surgerys, but that is only to be expected and it was controlled after a bit.   All in all I was in the hospital for about 6.5 hrs or so.  1.5 hrs preop and 1.5 hrs post op.  The rest was mostly recovery since the surgery was pretty quick (max 45 minutes).  The doctor told my parents that it went great so I am very happy. 

I took a little nap when I got home, but felt like getting up and moving around.  So now I am sitting in front of the TV (watching Project Runway) and sipping some crystal light.  The only thing tht is bothering me right now is the random hicup - ouch! 

 I only wish I had someone to light my furnance (the pilot blew out - again). My mom doesn't know how so I am going to have to walk down the stairs later and help her out.  She said that she would  figure it out, but I know the first time I had to do it I had a really hard time.  It isn't too bad for me since I like cold, but it may get too cold for my mom (and animals) tonight.  However, if I don't feel up to going down I won't.  My mom said that she can just bundle up and I am boiling water to get the humidty up which really helps heat my house up.  Now, I just hope Michigan weather doesn't do something crazy like snow tonight. 

Thanks for all the good wishs,
Tracy

PS. Please excuse any grammer or spelling errors my mind isn't 100% up and running yet :)

5 comments:

  1. That's it?!?! Easy-peasy! Take care, rest up, and I look forward to hearing form you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear it went well. Hoping you and your mom keep warm tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEAH! Congrats!

    Take it easy,

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad your surgery went well too. So far I haven't had any gas pains, have you? I'm hoping that since I am going on 48 hrs, that I won't have them. Or is that just too much to hope for? By the way, Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations, Tracy! I'm happy for so many of you young ladies who have this wonderful option....to achieve a healthier weight and lifestyle at a younger age, which will only make your life richer and more enjoyable as the years pass by.
    I'll be following your progress and cheering for you all the way!

    ReplyDelete