Thursday, November 19, 2009

Birthday and the day before Surgery!

So today has been a little strange for a birthday. In fact, I forgot it was my birthday until someone texted me this morning (granted it was early). I spent most of today cleaning the house since my mom will be staying with me for a few days and my dad for a couple days after that (since I can't drive for 10 days). Plus it kept my mind busy :)




Now I am sitting in the hotel room waiting for my parents to arrive watching a christmas movie on TV.. I am starting to feel a little nervous, but I am not sure why. I have had surgery several times before and never got nervous (until they wheeled me into the OR, but I think that is normal). I think it is because I have had so long to think about this. In the past, things have happened so fast there really wasn't much time to really think about things. Plus I think that it isn't really the surgery that I am nervous about, but the life afterwards. I mean no matter what good things will come it will be a huge change in my life.



Well my parents should be here soon so I better go. Only 12 more hours to go!!! Wait only 11 hours - my surgery was pushed up an hour :)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to you! What a wonderful gift you are giving yourself - the decision and the ability to regain health and fitness!

    That sounds so cheesy, but it really is exactly how I fee about it. It will be 2 milestone to remember.

    Good luck, not that you will need it, and we'll all be thinking of you and sending possitive vibrations!

    ReplyDelete